Friday, November 6, 2009

Longmont's 2009 Veterans Day Parade is on Veterans Day


I guess it's appropriate that Longmont's Veterans Day parade is actually being held on Veterans Day this year, Wednesday, November 11.

But why the change? Last year it was held on a weekend, and the same with the year before.

Not complaining, just wondering about the reason. The weekend is certainly more accessible, especially for those at work and school but I can certainly understand being faithful to to the real date on the calendar.

No matter, this is a very important day, and recent events magnify the sacrifice being made by brave men and women. Thank you veterans, for your service.


I won' t be able to make the parade this year but I look forward to seeing pictures from the event. If you attend and have some pictures, send 'em to me and I'll be glad to post them.

No comments: