Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Welcome to the Hotel California

Business trip to Silicon Valley and it's been a few years since I was last here.  I arrived on Sunday so I took a quick excursion to Santa Cruz:




 Back in the Valley, in Santa Clara:


Over by the Great America amusement park, the new stadium for the San Francisco 49ers (pro football) is being built.  Scheduled to open in two years, 2014.
 


Three prominent electric cars, plugged-in at my workplace.

Nissan Leaf:



 Toyota Prius:


Chevy Volt:


Finally, I stumbled upon a midweek hot rod/vintage car get-together in a large parking lot along El Camino Real on Wednesday evening:


Neat late-1940's Chrysler Traveler!  I think this looks a lot better than the electric cars above.


Nice place to visit but I'll be glad to get back to the square state.

No comments: